Friday, June 13, 2014

Make Your Own Organic Energy Drink

How to Make an Instant Natural Energy Drink

I recently discovered matcha green tea powder and it is awesome! There is no brewing, there is no waiting and if you do it just like I show below, it is a completely natural instant way to get some energy.  I have been drinking this throughout the day or right before I go for a run and I can tell a major difference as compared to when I drink coffee.  I don't feel jittery and cracked out of my mind. You coffee drinkers know what I am talking about.  I feel alert, focused and have a ton of energy to do whatever I need to do. 




The benefits of matcha green tea powder:
  • Boosts metabolism and burns calories.
  • Does not raise insulin levels.  Being a type 1 diabetic I love this since coffee sometimes spikes my blood sugar for no reason at all. 
  • Fights against viruses and bacteria.
  • Enhances mood.
  • Has more antioxidants than blueberries or pomegranates.
  • Provides potent cancer fighting properties.
  • Helps to safely cleanse and detoxify the body.
  • I have personally noticed that it helps curb those annoying afternoon snack cravings. 
  • Does not raise blood pressure or heart rate.  
What you need:
  • An empty reusable water bottle.  *I used a glass bottle so you can actually see the green tea, but I usually put mine in a BPA free water bottle that I bring with me everywhere. 
  • Matcha green tea powder.  You can find this at most health food stores, specialty Asian markets and online here.
  • Liquid stevia.  Optional but I think it makes it taste amazing. 
Directions:
  1. Fill your water bottle up to almost the very top.  
  2. Add 1/4 tsp of matcha powder for every 8-20 ounces of water.  Add a few drops of liquid stevia.
  3. Put the lid on and shake shake shake until everything has dissolved.  That's it! 
  4.  Enjoy :)
source: http://www.delightedmomma.com/2013/02/how-to-make-instant-natural-energy-drink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment